(In addition to the articles and links listed here, please click on the box to the left to visit our blog. You’ll find lots of helpful information there.)
Elder Law Articles
- 2011 Federal Budget Cuts Will Hurt Seniors
- Civilians Eligible for Veterans Benefits?
- Dealing With Dementia – An excellent pamphlet from theTexas Young Lawyers Association
- Helping Veterans Pay for Long-Term Care – This is a thorough discussion of veterans pension benefits, the qualifications required to receive them, and how they can be used to help pay for home health care or for assisted living care.
- How To Choose A Nursing Home — From the Attorney General of Texas
- Identity Theft – How to Protect Yourself, and What To Do If It Happens to You
- Just Hang Up: Protect Yourself From Dishonest Telemarketers and Con Artists
- Living Trust Scams and the Senior Consumer – Don’t fall victim to these scams
- Long Term Care Benefits Available to Surviving Spouses of Wartime Veterans
- Maximizing Social Security Retirement Benefits for Married Baby Boomers
- Medicare Medicaid, and SSI – A General Guide
- An Overview of Long-Term Care Options
- Planning for Disability – The Good, The Bad and The Necessary
- Protecting the Incapacitated: A Guide to Guardianship in Texas
- Seniors — Be Careful When Buying Life Insurance or Annuities
- Seniors & the Law: A Guide for Maturing Texans
- Servicemembers Civil Relief Act
- Social Security Disability Benefits – Applying and Qualifying
- Social Security Disability: What Every Lawyer Should Know
- To Will or Not To Will – This pamphlet has been prepared to inform the public of what happens legally to the property of a person when he or she dies with a will or without a will. The Texas Young Lawyers Association seeks to make Texas residents aware of how the law (the Texas Probate Code) affects them and their families.
- Top Elder Law Stories of 2011
- Understanding the Fiscal Cliff Legislation
- VA Service-Connected Disability Compensation
- The Value of Using Irrevocable Trusts in Medicaid Planning
- Wills and Probate – Our firm has written this short article to provide you with simple information regarding Wills and Probate in Texas.
- Eligibility for Burial in a VA National Cemetery
- Military Records — How Do I Find Them?
- Periods of War for VA Benefits Eligibility
- Social Security Administration’s Program Operations Manual System
- Social Security Disability Glossary
- Texas Medicaid Eligibility for the Elderly and People with Disabilities Handbook
- Texas Medicaid Glossary
- VA Benefits A-Z Index
- VA Benefits Abbreviations
- VA Burial and Plot-Interment Allowances
- VA Health Care Eligibility & Enrollment Glossary
- VA Survivors and Dependents Benefits – Death After Active Service
- VA Survivors and Dependents Benefits – Death In Active Service
- VA Web Automated Reference Material System, Rewrite
- Veterans Caregiver Glossary
- Veterans Compensation Benefits Rate Table
- Veterans Improved Disability Benefits Pension Rate Table
- Veterans Surviving Spouse Improved Death Pension Rate Table
Visit our blog by clicking the box on the left of this page, then click on the Featured Link topic. You’ll find many helpful and interesting Internet resources there.